I tend to like the more modern movies. I have tried going back and watching old movies but often cannot get through them. Not only are the special effects no good, but the acting seems stilted, like the actors are not as smart and sophisticated as now.
Maybe it is just me, but it seems like people now are a lot smarter than in the old days. Give it some thought.
I just prefer more modern movies. Even if I get the chance to watch what is considered an old classic for free, I rarely do. I do not find those kinds of movies entertaining.
Best Movies for Men
I hate all those long webpages where you have to click through page by page to see a list. Here is the list:
I really don't like the old westerns in black and white. Those movies are painful to watch. Once you get used to the more modern colors and special effects, the old movies are really lame. It is almost like Clint Eastwood and John Wayne were born to play western heroes. There are not many men who have make good westerns. Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones are superb in Lonesome Dove. I love the book more than the movie, but they are excellent. Jeff Bridges does well in True Grit.
1. Pale Rider. Clint Eastwood.
2. Unforgiven. Clint Eastwood.
3. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Clint Eastwood.
4. Lonesome Dove. Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones.
5. True Grit. Jeff Bridges. John Wayne.
6. The Shootist. John Wayne.
7. The Outlaw Josey Wales. Clint Eastwood.
8. The Searchers. John Wayne. This is an older movie, but it was good.
1. Good Fellas. Robert DeNiro, Joe Pesci, Ray Liotta. Good Fellas might be one of the greatest movies of all time. I really don't like gangster movies that much either.
2. Smokin' Aces.
2. The 40 year old Virgin.
3. The Hangover.
4. Animal House.
8. The Wedding Crashers.
9. Dazed and Confused.
10. Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.
11. American Pie.
Action and Adventure
1. Terminator and Terminator 2.
2. Die Hard and Die Hard 2.
3. Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark. The original is great and the others not so much.
5. The Usual Suspects.
8. Sherlock Holmes.
9. Fight Club.
10. The Matrix.
I love movies where the actors are older men on the verge of checking out. It is inspiring to think that even old men can have some fun and do some good. I hate how old men are often shown as being worthless.
1. Gran Torino.
2. Bucket List.
3. Crazy Heart.
Best Movies for Men.
If you have found this website helpful, please donate to show your support.
Men, if you are in a bad marriage that is draining the life out of you, learn what to do here.
How to Leave Your Wife is my story of how I left my wife and answers the questions of why you may need to leave yours.